Sunday 20 October 2013

My dream since young

Ever since young, I have a dream. I remember that in primary school, I was too young to know the exact term for my dream career, and hence whenever there were topics related to 'what are you going to be in the future?' or 'what is your dream career?', I will just bullshit-ly wrote down those professional jobs which are very commonly seen in primary school students' essays such as lawyer, doctor, accountant(?) etc.

Some may question, ain't you an accountant now? yes, I am actually doing one of my so called 'dream careers' since kid, but to be frank, I do just for the sake of doing or to make my parents proud of me, but deep inside the heart, I am not even close to happy. As you know, there is a term in mandarin called '望子成龙’ in each typical Chinese family. Every parents will feel proud when they see their kids eventually grown up to be a professional. Along these years, no matter how down I felt or felt like there was an end of the world, I rarely mentioned anything to them. And ya, in the end I managed to make myself graduated from 1 of the well known university too. But, every night I am questioning myself, is this really what I want for the rest of my life? It's a doubt.

So, what's my dream? It is to be a successful entrepreneur since young.  I remember how much I enjoyed buying things from all the 'suppliers' in my hometown such as comics, accessories, stickers etc and sold it to my friends in a mark up price. Sorry friends, I don't even understand what is mark up price that time, so might exaggeratedly sold it in a much higher price, hehe.  

And when I grown up, there was twice I tried to build my business through online. Once was during my 2nd year as an undergraduate student. It was good as the market was not that competitive yet and I managed to earn a little living from there. But it did affect my studies a lot as I am doing it as sole proprietor and thus I am basically the owner, the founder, the seller and the worker, so I stopped it after doing it for approximately a semester.

Then the 2nd time was in between my job switch. It can be separated into two time frames which I partnered with my friend and which I did it alone. And this time, it was a lot harder than my 1st time due to the competitive market and lack of capitals and knowledge about it. I tried so hard to finally double up my sale after 5 months but I have to stop it in 7th month due to I am entering a demanding job - auditor.

As a student and employee, what I can say is I left no time at all for myself. Slowly, I put my interest aside again as it is really a time consuming job and time is a luxury for me.

And soon, it will be half a year since I stopped it. But I am not giving it up yet. I am thinking of a better way to bring it back or even larger, just wait for me! til then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyrighted

此部落格全部文字和照片皆来自本小姐(leafyan)手笔,如欲转载,请告知和说明出处。尊重网络著作产权,创造美好未来。