Friday 18 October 2013

My journey in Big 4 Malaysia(Part 1 - Interview process)

I was supposed to study for my coming exam...but my mind just couldn't make it, it automatically flied to nowhere whenever I stared at the book, so I decided to give myself a little bit break before I can get my concentration back. As you know, rest is for you to go further wtf(not sure whether there is such phrase in english, I just direct translated it from mandarin idiom, lol)

So today, I decided to share a little experience on my journey as an auditor. To avoid any rule breaching on the employment contract(which is also to be an ethical employee la although I not sure whether there is such thing in the contract or not), i will not reveal the name of the company.

I always heard so much of horrified story prior to joining big 4, which also one of the reasons caused me to step back from even applying it when I first graduated. To be frank, after joining for half a year, I realised that some are true while some are just...purely word of mouth as those who normally spread the words don't even have any working experience in big 4. Lets see whether I able to talk about it in this post, if not, just next post or next next post lo.

So traced back to early this year, I went for the interview in one of the Big 4. Prior to that, i actually went for few interviews in the commercial companies but got rejected. I not sure what's the reason but I guess either study break that I requested for does not exist or just...I am not good enoughT.T

so back to story, it was a long procedures to complete the interview. I was told by the department secretary to complete the E tests which consists of numerical and verbal test(forgotten the exact name for the tests, lol) and guess what, I was so blurred that I actually did the numerical test only! what ashamed, but I was just too nervous that time la so did not listen properly

So I did it after being told by the secretary. After taking around 1 hours + to complete the e test, I was being interviewed by the department manager who is also a friendly guy(Luckily my interview was during peak season, so they did not bother to conduct group interview, if not i might not sitting in front of the pc and typing this out today, lol).

 And again, lot and lot technical and soft skill questions was asked. I don't even remember what I answer him that time, but I remember that was one question regarding leadership that he asked me if i were a leader, how I am going to lead a team as audit is after all about the team spirit.  Walao eh, who know how to lead a team, my previous job as account assistant also never taught me about that, I was mostly alone in client's place that time and forced to solve all the problems based on my own personal judgement.

Anyhow, I managed to give some answer also la. Just that I not sure this is what he is looking for or not.
At the end of the interview, I was told to come back for my verbal test because I got a C(suck feeling, I was too nervous to do the test) which they requested the candidate to get at least a B.

So the next day, I came back and finally managed to pass it with flying colour after doing some research in the internet(tips: just being relax when you are going for the test).

After few weeks, I came back again to sign the contract and got to know my salary that they offered. Obviously it was much higher than my previous job, so no complain on it.

And next post shall be my 1st few days in the company. Be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyrighted

此部落格全部文字和照片皆来自本小姐(leafyan)手笔,如欲转载,请告知和说明出处。尊重网络著作产权,创造美好未来。