Sunday 25 March 2012

how to save money?

I have been trying so hard in saving money ever since I stepped into the working field half year ago. Some of you might ask, only half year what, what for to plan and save money in such an early stage?

I tell you, start now or regret later.

It's not that I "kiasu" or "kiasi" but I have to admit that I am actually that kind of person that would feel insecure when I have no money on hand. I can't imagine my life with maggie mee for N continuous days at the end of the month! no way!

As a fresh graduate with degree (without any experience), the salary I got is very limited, it does not allow me to spend like nobody else business. I have to plan wisely everytime after getting my salary(which is a very sad case).
So I do seriously and actually think of many ways to save money.

Here are the ways I am using to save money:

1. First, divide your monthly income into two or three portions(ok la since I have no money to invest yet, I divided it into two portions, one to save and one to use).
Forced yourself to save a fixed amount every month, either to bank or to some kind of unit trusts.
Remember, spend = income - saving, not saving = income - spend, easy peasy.

2. Set your own piggy bank at home and feed it everyday!

I used to have one piggy bank when I was a kid. I can't remember how it looks like but whenever I have leftover from my pocket money(which is ten cents or twenty cents mostly, you know la ten years ago 20 cents could buy a bowl of mee), I will throw it into my piggy bank.
Day by day, I actually able to save few hundreds which is a lot for a primary school kid.

And now I have one at home too. Item below was actually a cookie jar, I DIY-ed it to become my small little piggy bank without wasting extra money to buy it(another way of saving money).
I started it since 3 weeks ago and I promise myself to feed it everyday. I guess the amount now is able to serve a fine dining already.
Can't wait to reach the day that I can take it and save into the bank, hehe

3. Stop your impulse buying. I know right, who doesn't love shopping? but please rethink before you spend. Do you really need it? will it actually affect you if you do not own it? If the answer is no, please re-consider again before you pay for it.
 I was once an impulse buyer, I love to buy clothes, accessories or whichever that falls into my eyes. But at the end of the day, it will either be putting aside or I never really remembered the existence of it! haha.

4. Set a target. For example, I will save xxx amount of money to buy a car. When you reach the amount, just use it to buy a car. Believe me, you will feel very motivated by then.

Remember, save it or regret later, that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyrighted

此部落格全部文字和照片皆来自本小姐(leafyan)手笔,如欲转载,请告知和说明出处。尊重网络著作产权,创造美好未来。